Wednesday 14 November 2012

CLUB CULTURE!


Club Culture was a shoot that we did based on 'The Blitz Kidz'. 
It was one of my favourite projects!
The Blitz Kidz were a 1980's tribe of people who went to the Underground Nightclub in Covent Garden and dressed pretty eccentricly. Boy George was a well known Blitz Kid along with David Bowie, Marilyn Manson and the famous Leigh Bowery. The were known to be part of the Culture Club - which is where the name for this project came from.

Here are some images of the original Blitz Kidz

Leigh Bowery
Boy George
Blitz Kidz
From looking at the images of the Blitz Kidz and doing A LOT of sketchbook research, I came to a conclusion of my Blitz Kidz theme being Clowns. I decided this from my impressions of the Blitz Kidz as a circus crowd. I did plenty of experiments and face charts which you can below. I have posted some of the main pages of my sketchbook so you can have a look at my inspiration, references and face charts!


















Here are some of the actual practice shoots I did in which I was able to experiment with Clown makeup:









So, after these practice shoots and face charts I came to a conclusion of what I wanted to produce. I chose to create two clowns, but then I chose to style them in really interesting ways. I had one styled as a cowboy and one as a 'Pete Doherty' clown!
The images below were my final images of this shoot. I was so pleased with how it turned out and absolutely loved the outcome! Hope you agree!!





Makeup:

- Illamasqua White Foundation
- Illamasqua Sealing Powder
- Screenface Supracolor Palette
- Illamasqua Red Lip Pencil

Styling:

- Cowboy Hat
- Checkered Silk Scarf
 
Hope you like the images!

No comments:

Post a Comment