Wednesday 14 November 2012

Elizabethan


Contemporary Elizabethan

Anoher shoot that I did was focused on the Elizabethan era. The idea behind this was to create a modern version of Elizabethan fashion and makeup. This shoot I found quite difficult, but I had previously done a Elizabethan project. This served as both a good and bad thing. It was good because it meant I had a lot of research to refer back to, and I knew what most of the trends and makeup was. But, it also was a bad thing because it meant I was copying ideas from before and I wasnt erasing the last shoot and producing a new one. 

Here is the image of the first Elizabethan inspired shoot I did:

  The head piece that my model is wearing was made by myself. Its made out of calico, green velvet ribbon and peacock feathers. Its whats known as a 'Fascinator'. Youll see the diference between this shoot and the next one that I will show below!


Below is a breakdown of the Elizabethan shoot I created. Theres my original shoot, my accessories and styling, home made things and then the final outcome:


I made the ruff by layering four blouses over each other and sticking them upwards. This was such a cheap yet creative way of making a contemporary style.


I then embellished the ruff using flowers and pearls.


I then made a headpeice out of pearls using elastic and beads in which I am able to stretch around my models head.


I also sewed sequins on the shirt to add more of a contemporary style.

Practice Shot
 This was the outcome of practice shot that I had put together after creating all of my styling and producing my face charts. I thought that this looked contemporary, but after I did my final shoot I realised that it still looked like the original Elizabethan fashion.

Heres the final shoot:



Makeup Used:

- Illamasqua White Foundation
- Illamasqua Bronzing Palette
- Screenface Eye Pallette
- Screenface Lip Palette
- Illamasqua Sealing Powder
- Illamasqua Brown Eyebrow Pencil

Hair Equipment:

- Kirby Grips
- GHD Straighteners
-  Hairspray

No comments:

Post a Comment