Wednesday 14 November 2012

Great Expectations


Makeup For Film

Another interesting project we did was based on the Charles Dickens novel Great Expectations. Given the brief to produce the looks for the characters Miss Havisham and Estella, it was a task to research a version of the novel shown on the tv.

I chose to look at the BBC Christmas 2011 tv series of the show in order to make an old fashioned story and look a modern version.

This is the trailer of the 2011 series I worked from:

From this, you can see the look of Miss Havisham and the look of Estella.

Estella
Miss Havisham

Check out the BBC website to read up on this series of Great Expectations if you're interested: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018wmhr

My look for Estella focused on the scene where she was beaten by her husband. My look for Miss Havisham was focused on her throughout the programme, showing her to be the ghost of a bride.

Here is my practice hair style for Estella. I went for the typical curls, ringlets and side style that represents the mid-early 1800's:




Here is a practice of creating 'the perfect black eye'. To create this, I used the bruise palette by Screenface:




Finally, here are my versions of these two characters:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment